6:00pm – 7:30pm
Djoniba Dance Centre @ Peridance Capezio Center
126 East 13th Street
New York NY 10003
Maimouna Keita School of African Dance
will offer children classes beginning in September
for two (2) 10 weeks sessions through March 2019.
Youth, ages 6-16 years will learn the significance of this art form through technique in dance, authentic music and rich culture weekly for six (6) months with preparation for the 27th annual concert held Easter weekend in 2019.
Session I – Sundays – September 9 – Nov 11, 2018
Session II – Sundays – January 20 – March 24, 2019
Instructors of the MKSAD will offer age appropriate instruction in dance and drum for one hour weekly.
- All dance students must have tee shirts, leggings and lapa (2-3 yards o fabric to wrap about the waist.)
- All drum students must have their own drum sticks (12-inch dial rod of wooden sticks) for each class.
- MKSAD Director: Marie Basse Willes
- MKSAD Asst. Director: Mariama Basse
- MKSAD member: Alexa Menuau.
MKSAD Music Directors:
- Mamadou Guisse
- Samba Guisse
- Mali 6-9 12:00n – 1:00pm
- Senegal 10-12 1:00p – 2:15pm
- Guinea 13-16 2:15p – 3:30pm
Annual Registration fee: $50.00
(returning students for session II, will pay the class fee only)
Class Session I fee: $100.00
Class/Session II fee: $100.00
Register by August 31 and get $25 off the registration fee.
Classes are limited to 30 students each, so register early.
All classes will be held at
Aspire 2 Dance
1195 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn NY 11216
(between Jefferson & Hancock)