December 20, 2021 to January 3, 2022
Yoga. Dance. Art. Discovery.
14 days journey to inspire you spiritually, culturally and mentally.
It is not just about wellness, art, fashion, food and discovery but also TERANGA!
Teranga comes from the Wolof language, one of the many dialects of Senegal. The loose translation is hospitality, but to the Senegalese people, it means so much more. When you meet a stranger you treat them like family. You feed and take care of them until it’s time for them to go on the road again. Senegalese are immensely proud to be known as the country of Teranga.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required at booking.
The retreat must be paid in full no later than November 15, 2021
Payment plans reflect after the deposit is paid.
Double occupancy: $4000
4 payment of $875 or 2 payment of $1750
Single occupancy: $4500
4 payment of $1000 or 2 payment of $2000
Accommodation: 2 weeks, in a 5 stars Resort, Hotel and Spa located in a peaceful and friendly city of Saly, full of tradition and exoticism. A relaxing paradise to experience the adventure of authentic Africa and its culture. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Transportation: Private transport to and from DSS airport & ground transportation to all included excursions.
Excursions: Goree Island, Reserve de Bandia, Lompoul desert, Pink Lake and other wellness and grounded activities.
Wellness: Morning and/or evening yoga/meditation classes. Dance and drum classes.
Goodies: Welcome gift bag.
Care package: Covid-19 prevention.
COST PER PERSON:
Pay in Full
Pay in Full or make 5 monthly payments below:
Due February 20 2020
1st PAYMENT NON REFUNDABLE
Due March 20 2020
Due April 20 2020
Due May 20 2020
Due June 20 2020
Due July 20 2020
Due August 20 2020
Due September 20 2020
Due October 20 2020
- Cancellation Fee: All cancellations must be received in writing 45 days prior to departure (a $200 penalty will be applied).
- Or mail payment with signed registration form (opposite side of brochure).All mail payments must be made by Money Order or Cashiers Check. We cannot accept personal checks.
- Payable to: Please make checks payable to the Maimouna Keita School of African Dance, Inc., 304 Quincy St. #2D, Brooklyn NY 11216
Don’t miss this opportunity to experience the beauty and grace of African Culture. This trip has something for everyone. (No dance or drum experience is necessary)
This will be our 28th annual trip in our series of trips to Africa.
This rich cultural exchange offers you a unique chance to experience West Africa with its mezmerising richness of life.
Sponsored in New York & Dakar, Senegal
Marie Basse Wiles of Mali & Senegal, West Africa.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Valid Passport
- Vaccinations: vaccination requirements are the personal responsibility of each participant. Contact your passport office and doctor for current details.
- Anti-Malaria Pills.
- Immunizations: Certified records to show proof of Yellow Fever vaccine.
- Weather Preparations: The climate is tropical and warm.
Dance & Drum Classes
ROUNDTRIP AIRFARE IS INCLUDED:
FROM NEW YORK CITY to DAKAR SENEGAL
DAKAR SENEGAL to NEW YORK CITY
For Trip Details & Registration Go HERE
FOR MORE INFO:
CALL MARIE BASSE WILES AT